Jeanette Forbes is a qualified systems engineer who established PCL Group in March 2000 after she was made redundant during a downturn in the oil and gas industry.
Since then she has seen the company grow year on year to provide total technology provision and support including cabling services to five main industry sectors – offshore, marine, commercial, industrial and renewables – establishing respect along the way for the quality of product delivery and high level of service provision, 24hrs a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Having gone through the challenges of setting up her own business, and establishing a career in what was then, and to a large extent still is, a male-dominated oil and gas sector she is passionate about promoting the benefits of both. She has won a number of national awards and industry accolades, particularly for her role in promoting career opportunities for women in the energy sector. In 2015 she won Business Women Scotland’s Inspirational Woman of the Year Award.
She is a much-sought after speaker whose audiences range from students to professional women working in the global energy sector. In 2015, she was invited to speak at the Gulf Intelligence Women in Energy Summit in Doha, Qatar, where she gave an address on: “Technology: Clearing the path for women to work in the technical field.”
Born in Yorkshire, Jeanette is committed to promoting the opportunities and benefits which her adopted city of Aberdeen can offer visitors, residents and businesses. In 2015 she was appointed Ambassador for Investment in the city’s Invest, Live, Visit programme and she is also involved in several other projects which focus on civic pride and economic development. She has been active as a business mentor to other businesswomen in the North-east for a number of years.
A firm believer in putting something back into the community which has supported her business, PCL Group supports a wide range of charitable events and organisations each year.
Awards and Industry Accolades include:
- 2015 – Business Women Scotland’s Inspirational Woman of the Year Award
- 2015 – Appointed Ambassador for Investment in Aberdeen City’s Invest, Live, Visit programme
- 2014 – Best Mentor Award, British Chamber of Commerce “Excellence in Women’s Enterprise and Mentoring”
- 2014 – Appointed Ambassador for Women’s Enterprise Scotland
- 2014 – Joined Board of Scottish Government’s Digital Scotland – Business Excellence Partnership
- 2013 – Joined Association of Colleges (AoC) national Roll of Honour
- 2013 – Trustee of Aberdeen Seafarer’s Centre
- 2012 – Appointed North-east Scotland’s first UK Female Entrepreneurship Ambassador
- 2012 – Joined Board of Scottish Government Technology Advisory Group (TAG)
- 2010 – Burgess of the City of Aberdeen
- 2009 – Winner SET’S (Science, Engineering and Technology) UK Enterprising Women Award
- 2008 – Winner Prowess Award for SET
- 2008 – Founding member and Business Champion Scottish Chambers of Commerce Business Mentoring Programme
- 2005 – Partner in the Women in ICT project with North East Colleges
Read the TAG board press release
Download Jeanette’s biography as a PDF